KB Solution ID: SOLN3419|Last Revised: December 05, 2013
· Download and install ESET Smart Security using ESET Live Installer
· Download and install ESET Smart Security using a CD
I.Uninstall other antivirus software
1. You must uninstall any previously installed antivirus software from your system before installing your ESET product (uninstallers for common antivirus software). When you are finished, continue to part II to install your product.I am installing from a CD.
II. Download ESET Live Installer
1. North American customers: Download ESET Live Installer
Customers outside of North America: Download ESET Live Installer
2. Click Save when prompted and save the file to your Desktop (once the download has completed, you may be prompted to click Run and begin the installation process. If the installer does not run automatically, navigate to your Desktop or wherever you saved the downloaded file and double-click it to open). When you are ready, continue to part III.
1. In the Install ESET Smart Securityscreen, click Next.
2. Click I Accept.
3. Select the check box next to Yes, I want to participate(recommended). In the Detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications section, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Next.
4. Click Finish to exit the installation wizard.
5. The Product Activation Type window will open automatically. Select Activate using Username and Password and click Next.
6. Enter your ESET-issued Usernameand Password into the appropriate fields and click Activate (your Username and Password were emailed to you after purchasing your product. If you forgot your Username or Password, refer to your license email or visit our lost license page to have it emailed to you).
7. If you entered your credentials correctly, you will see the Activation successful screen. Click Finish to complete your activation.
8. In the New network connection detected window, click Home/work network.
9. When the Anti-Theft window appears, click Enable Anti-Theft (this feature is optional; if you do not want to enable Anti-Theft, click Skip).
10. Click Create new account (if you already have a my.eset.com account, enter your email address and password and then click Sign in).
11. Enter a name for your computer into the Computer name field and click Next.
12. Click Create a new account online.
13. The Create New ESET Account window will open in your default web browser. Complete all required fields, select the check boxes next to I agree to the ESET Terms of usage and I want to receive product news and special offers via email and then click Create Account.
14. After you have created your account, the ESET Anti-Theft home screen will open in your web browser. From there you can configure your Anti-Theft settings at any time. For more information, see the following Knowledgebase article: