University of Puthisastra
Chapter 1 : Information System in Business Today
- Understanding the effects of information systems on business and their relationship with globalization.
- Explain why information systems are so essential in business today.
- Define an information system and describe its management, organization, and technology components.
- Define complementary assets and explain how they ensure that information systems provide genuine value to an organization.
- Describe the different academic disciplines used to study information systems and explain how each contributes to our understanding of them.
- Explain what is meant by a sociotechnical systems perspective.